Trouble with postgres user's password on Windows

From: Oliveiros <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble with postgres user's password on Windows
Date: 2009-08-20 11:10:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear List,

This is my first post, I hope I am asking it on the correct list.

I changed the password for user postgres and I completely forgot about the
previous one.

The main problem is that now the postgres server fails to start when I turn
on the machine.

It used to start automatically.

To start it, I have to login as postgres and manually start it with postgres
-D etc.

Also, on PGAdmin ||| I cannot log in as administrator user , no longer. Even
the new password doesn't seem to work...

Can anyone please kindly help me on this issue?

I'd really appreciate it

Thanks a million in advance,
Best,
Oliveiros