Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15

From: Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Ilya Anfimov <ilan(at)tzirechnoy(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Date: 2022-10-22 03:21:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Oct 22, 2022, 00:09 +0800, Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>, wrote:

> > Done! Thanks! Here is the rebased version.
> >
> > This version has bug fix for multixact replication. Previous versions of the patch set does not write pd_multi_base in WAL. Thus, this field was set to 0 upon WAL reply on replica.
> > This caused replica to panic. Fix this by adding pd_multi_base of a page into WAL. Appropriate tap test is added.
> >
> > Also, add refactoring and improvements in heapam.c in order to reduce diff and make it more "tidy".
> >
> > Reviews and opinions are very welcome!
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Maxim Orlov.
Found some outdate code comments around several variables, such as xidWrapLimit/xidWarnLimit/xidStopLimt.

These variables are not used any more.

I attach an additional V48-0009 patch as they are just comments, apply it if you want to.

Regards,
Zhang Mingli

Attachment Content-Type Size
v48-0009-remove-some-outdate-codes-comments-about-xidWrap.patch application/octet-stream 5.3 KB