SELECT statements converted to SELECT FOR UPDATE

From: rmischook(at)yahoo(dot)com (Richard Mischook)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SELECT statements converted to SELECT FOR UPDATE
Date: 2002-10-23 03:17:44
Lists: pgsql-general

We've got some deadlock issues that we're trying to solve. In looking
at the logs we note a bunch of statements that were written as SELECT
being listed by PG as SELECT FOR UPDATE. Was wondering what leads to
that (foreign keys, transactions). We are using JDBC and are not tried
setting the transaction isolation level of the connection.

Any thoughts appreciated.