hundreds of schema vs hundreds of databases

From: olivier <om(at)oliviermigeon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hundreds of schema vs hundreds of databases
Date: 2007-05-28 18:01:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi group,

I have an application with some hundreds users, each one having the same
data definitions, and each one storing up to 2 GB of data.
A user have just access to his own data. His data will have its own
tablespace.

Therefore, it seems to me I have a choice between "one database per
user" and "one schema per user in the same database".

What is the best practice here ? Which solution will be the easiest to
manage ?

Cheers,

Olivier