Re: Documentation building broken in CFBot

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Documentation building broken in CFBot
Date: 2020-11-11 14:51:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On 11/11/20 5:47 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Since recently, all Travis builds in the CFBot are broken for docs builds in
> the xmllint step. Turns out, the oasis-open.org URL to the DTD is now
> redirecting to HTTPS and xmllint is normally only compiled with HTTP support
> which causes this to now break.

Interesting. I ran into this issue yesterday when I was trying to build
the docs locally.

> That being said, XMLLint will load the DTD locally if available so environments
> which have the packages referenced in the postgres docs won't notice as they
> provide the DTD. The package containing the DTD is however not installed on
> the CFBot. I've opened a PR against the CFBot repo [0], but until merged the
> builds will be red without necessarily being an issue with the patch being
> built.

I do wonder if it's worth it to update the doc build documentation[1] as
well to mention this?

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/docguide-toolsets.html

Attachment Content-Type Size
OpenPGP_0xF1049C729F1C6527.asc application/pgp-keys 12.4 KB