pg_autovacuum entries

From: Anj Adu <fotographs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_autovacuum entries
Date: 2009-10-30 21:48:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

We are running a mix postgres 8.1.2 and 8.1.9 on several boxes.

I would like to use the pg_autovacuum table to skip vacuuming certain
tables that get dropped regularly (partitions)

Is there a way to create an entry for a table that does not exist yet?
Reason I ask is we have several "daily" partitions and I will have to
modify scripts on several boxes to insert entries after the partitions
get created. If I can pre-insert values in pg_autovacuum..it will save
me a lot of trouble.