permissions on inherited tables

From: Anj Adu <fotographs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: permissions on inherited tables
Date: 2009-06-17 21:55:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a bunch of tables which have child table that are partitions (several
of them). Is there a way I can create a user with SELECT permissions on the
parent without having to individually give the same permission on all child
tables ? Every time I create new partitions..I have to explicitly grant
permissions on the child tables. I use postgres 8.1.9. Is there a plan to
fix this in a future release.

Thank you

Sriram