Re: Increase value of OUTER_VAR

From: Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Increase value of OUTER_VAR
Date: 2021-09-15 06:41:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14/9/21 16:37, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
>> only performance issues
>
> That's interesting. Any chance you could share the hardware
> description, the configuration file, and steps to reproduce with us?

I didn't control execution time exactly. Because it is a join of two
empty tables. As I see, this join used most part of 48GB RAM memory,
planned all day on a typical 6 amd cores computer.
I guess this is caused by sequental traversal of the partition list in
some places in the optimizer.
If it makes practical sense, I could investigate reasons for such poor
performance.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov