Re: Welcome to the pgsql-admin list!

From: "Gibson Chimhamhiwa" <gchimhamhiwa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Welcome to the pgsql-admin list!
Date: 2008-07-23 09:23:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I have a simple table below and I want to be able to traverse it using SQL.
Can somebody please advise me how I can do this in postgreSQL.

CREATE TABLE grouping
(
grouping_id int4 NOT NULL,
version int4,
parent_grouping_id int4,
topic_topic_id int4,
CONSTRAINT grouping_pkey PRIMARY KEY (grouping_id),
CONSTRAINT fk1e2e9d036852722d FOREIGN KEY (topic_topic_id)
REFERENCES topic (topic_id) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,
CONSTRAINT fk1e2e9d03a1bfbfe FOREIGN KEY (topic_topic_id)
REFERENCES topic (topic_id) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,
CONSTRAINT fk1e2e9d03cdaf7222 FOREIGN KEY (parent_grouping_id)
REFERENCES grouping (grouping_id) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE grouping OWNER TO napdba;