uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris

From: Emanuel Calvo Franco <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris
Date: 2009-07-24 16:47:01
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I have some issues to compile uuid contrib of 8.4 version.

Touching something i see that the gmake don't find uuid.h.
(pfexec gmake -d)
Touching more, i add uuid.h into the uuid directory and i had a
error message: missing separator.

So i google a little and i find something:
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.programming.html#faq.programming.make-spaces

I read the source and it explain that some issues were fixed into
Debian, but other
platforms didn't tested yet. If this is really, we are using 8.4
final, and it don't
sounds consistent at all.

BTW, somebody patched this ? If not, i will continue my workaround on this and
try to propose something to fix it.

--
             Emanuel Calvo Franco
     www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar