Re: meson: Optionally disable installation of test modules

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: meson: Optionally disable installation of test modules
Date: 2023-03-03 19:43:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-03 Fr 01:47, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 02.03.23 08:09, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 at 22:21, Peter Eisentraut
>> <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks good to me.  I did a small pass over it to adjust some namings.
>>> For example, I renamed test_install_files to test_install_data, so it's
>>> consistent with the overall meson naming:
>>>
>>> -install_data(
>>> +test_install_data += files(
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any concerns about this version. Otherwise, I'm
>>> happy to commit it.
>>
>> That makes sense, thanks!
>
> committed

These changes have broken the buildfarm adaptation work in different
ways on different platforms.

On Windows (but not Linux), the install_test_files are apparently
getting installed under runpython in the build directory rather than in
the tmp_install location, so those tests fail. Meanwhile, it's not clear
to me how to install them in a standard installation, which means that
on Linux the corresponding -running tests are failing.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan