After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset

From: "Nacef LABIDI" <nacef(dot)l(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset
Date: 2008-04-22 09:54:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I am using Postgres in a Delphi application through ODBC. I am having an
issue with updating records.

When I create a dataset to get the records in a table then after I update
one of these records and then refresh the dataset, the record goes to the
end of the dataset. This is disappointing when editing records on a DBGrid,
where users find their updated records jump to the end of the grid. Even
after restarting the application, the updated record keeps showing at the
end of the grid. I have tried the same thing with SQL Server and it works
normally, so I thought it was a postgres behvior.

Has anyone an idea about what could be the cause of such a behavior.

Thanks to all in advance.

Nacef