Re: Vacuuming the operating system documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuuming the operating system documentation
Date: 2020-06-06 16:35:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-06-06 17:14, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Let's hope PG13 isn't that late -- the end of Extended Lifecycle Support is
>> June 30, 2024 for RHEL 6. (It*enters* ELS around the time of pg 13).
> ELS basically means that they aren't going to take down the existing
> website information about RHEL6 just yet.

Hmm, we removed support for RHEL 5 in PG 13, partially based on the
information that ELS for RHEL 5 ends in November 2020. It appears we
have misinterpreted that and we can trim the trailing edge more
aggressively.

Anyway, this is only a documentation patch. Surely no one will doing
their very first install of Postgres on an unconfigured RHEL 6 this year.