Re: Rollback in Postgres

From: "samantha mahindrakar" <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Lewis Cunningham" <lewisc(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rollback in Postgres
Date: 2008-07-14 15:20:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

I didnt no the thread would become a postgresVSoracle thing. I just lost
couple of thousand rows and could not retrieve them back, so i wanted to
know if postgres had some way to get it back. Iam just a few days
expereinced in postgres hence iam still discovering its features.
No intention of comparing the two technologies......just trying find a
solution and ended up comparing because i had worked in oracle before and
very well knewit provide a rollback option for queries.
I dont see anything wrong in knowing what features oracle has.

Peace
Sam