Rollback in Postgres

From: "samantha mahindrakar" <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Rollback in Postgres
Date: 2008-07-11 15:43:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all....
This is a very basic question.....can we roll back data after we run a
query.
I know that a delete within a transaction can be rolled back. But how about
independent delete queries???
If i ran a delete statement and lost data...how do i recover. I know that
oracle has this provision of rollingback queries.
Iam surprised iam not able to find the same in postgres.

Sam