Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns

From: higepon <higepon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns
Date: 2009-03-24 14:35:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

> Wow, I have no idea what that means. I am wondering if we should just
> remove this TODO item. We don't even support comments on indexed
> columns, so why would pg_dump need to dump it?

Oh I see.
But we still can comment on indexed columns like following on 8.3.7,
is it unsupported feature?

create table person (social_no integer, name text, age integer, uri
text, PRIMARY KEY (social_no));
create index person_age on person using BTREE (age);
comment on column person_age.age IS 'hello index person_age.age';

And we can find the comment in pg_description table.

> Do we support comments on composite types

If we do, I will also write a patch for it.

Cheers.

-----
Taro Minowa(Higepon)

http://www.monaos.org/