pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns

From: higepon <higepon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump Add dumping of comments on index columns
Date: 2009-03-23 08:14:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.
I found a TODO item "Add dumping of comments on index columns and
composite type columns" for pg_dump
and want to write a patch for it.

But I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly.
Does "Add dumping of comments on index columns" mean that
pg_dump should dump out COMMENT statements like following?

COMMENT ON COLUMN some_index.index_column1 IS 'Hello column1';

Can anybody give me some advice on this?

Best regards,

-----
Taro Minowa(Higepon)

http://www.monaos.org/