Re: pg_stat_statements: rows not updated for CREATE TABLE AS SELECT statements

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_stat_statements: rows not updated for CREATE TABLE AS SELECT statements
Date: 2020-04-22 03:17:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On 2020/04/21 20:37, legrand legrand wrote:
> Fujii Masao-4 wrote
>> Attached is the patch that makes pgss track the total number of rows
>> retrieved or affected by CREATE TABLE AS, SELECT INTO,
>> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW and FETCH. I think this is new feature
>> rather than bug fix, so am planning to add this patch into next CommitFest
>> for v14. Thought?
>
> Thanks !
> maybe v13, if this was considered as a bug that don't need backport ?

Yeah, if many people think this is a bug, we can get it into v13.
But at least for me it looks like an improvement of the capability
of pgss rather than a bug fix. If the document of pgss clearly
explained "pgss tracks the total number of rows affect by even
utility command ...", I think that we can treat this as a bug. But...

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center