Wishlist updates

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wishlist updates
Date: 2007-04-15 08:06:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Currently on the wishlist [1] we have the following items as "posponed":
* WITH RECURSIVE hierarchical queries (Gregory Stark)
* SQL:2003 windowing queries (Gavin)
* Fix permissions properly on custom GUC vars (Andrew Dunstan)
* Create a mechanism for plperl to load modules safely (Andrew Dunstan)
* Notification payload messages (Andrew Dunstan)
* Better handling of partitioning (Nikhils)

I have already moved "updatable views" to the newly created 8.4 wishlist
[2]. Please let me know if any item is infact not posponed or should be
moved to the 8.4 wishlist.

regards,
Lukas

[1] http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:WishlistFor83