Re: recovering using a continuous archive backup doesn'twork on Windows

From: "Sabin Coanda" <sabin(dot)coanda(at)deuromedia(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recovering using a continuous archive backup doesn'twork on Windows
Date: 2007-04-06 06:03:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Finally I solved it. It was just a rights access problem. When I
save/copy/move/cleanup the data directory, I used my account, and postgres
user had no rights to write/modify the new data directories. I give it
rights and the recovery works well now.

Regards,
Sabin

BTW: Although the rights access problems are obvious for experimented users,
it would be nice to find a warning/error message in the event logs from the
service that it has no write access in the directory.