New feature request

From: Gino Lucrezi <gino-pgadmin(at)lucrezi(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New feature request
Date: 2004-11-26 11:57:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi!

There are some instances when one can't simply REPLACE an object (e.g. a view) but has to DROP it and then re-CREATE it.When I click on the SQL button pgAdmin, very considerately, will create for me not only a script with the CREATE command, but also with the DROP command (commented) before it.

The problem arises if there are objects which depend on the object being DROPped and reCREATEd. Obviously, that script is no longer good. One must first DROP all depending objects, drop the main object, recreate it, and then recreate depending objects.

It would be really nice if there were an option to create a SQL script doing all this ;-)

I hope my request was clear enough...

Anyway, thank you for giving us this good piece of software!

Gino Lucrezi
Penta Consulting Service