Re: Request Korean PostgreSQL User Group

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
To: Ioseph Kim <pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)kr>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request Korean PostgreSQL User Group
Date: 2016-03-10 04:40:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Iospeh,
On March 9, 2016 at 9:10:03 PM, Ioseph Kim (pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)kr) wrote:

Hi,
We(Korea PostgreSQL User Group) will meet up at March 31.
https://www.facebook.com/events/970438216336963/

Meeting agenda
1. 2016 regular seminars
2. 2016 PGDay plan

I think that first plan for vitalizing Korea User Group is introduce to
Global Official Site.

Regards, Ioseph

2016-03-07 (월), 10:05 +0900, Ioseph Kim:
> Thanks for reply.

> We discussed that what is leader group of Korean PostgreSQL Users last
> week at facebook.

> In Korea, there are three user groups.
> 1. facebook : https://facebook.com/groups/postgres.kr/
> 2. meetup : http://www.meetup.com/KoreaPostgresUserGroup/
> 3. postgresdba: http://www.postgresdba.com

> facebook group made by pure PostgreSQL Users and that is open group.
> meetup group made by Postgres Advenced Server users.

> facebook group is largest and
> I have been leading offline meeting for PostgreSQL at facebook
> also I posted same notify too at meetup because some users only joined
> that group.

> and, We are preparing the first meeting at facebook too.
> that schedule has not yet determined. (maybe we will meet within March.)

> regards, ioseph.
It is exciting to see the progress of your group!  I have gone ahead and added it to the PUGs page: http://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

I would recommend registering an organization (https://www.postgresql.org/account/edit/organisations/) so you can submit future community events to the site.  Please make sure the events are in line with our event submission policy: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

Good luck!  Please let us know what we can do to help you.

Jonathan