Disconnecting non active (IDLE ) users

From: "Goran Rakic" <gossa(at)disyu(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Disconnecting non active (IDLE ) users
Date: 2007-02-26 09:05:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have installed POSTGRESQL 8.2 on W2K3 32bit , 100 users connecting from
desktop applications and 200 users connecting thru web service from handheld
computers

I have problem with second groups of users.

Often they do not disconnect from POSTGRE Server and with time passing thru
I have lot of IDLE users and very much memory consumptions. From time to
time that can crash server then only restarting server will kill all
postgres.exe from memory and this annoying me, because that I build script
to restart server every night. I could not get programmers to change
program.

Is there parameters which will disconnect IDLE users if they excided some
time or some program which will purge memory from non active posgres.exe

Thanks in advance

gossa(at)disyu(dot)com