Re: Postgres SQL Syntax

From: "Jim C(dot)" <jlistnews(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres SQL Syntax
Date: 2007-02-02 15:43:06
Lists: pgsql-general

> Besides what Tom says, '0' is a string, not an integer. PG takes
> it, but it's a bad habit.

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I wouldn't know. I'm merely the
unfortunate soul chosen to convert this from MySQL to Postgres. :-/

I've been working on it for a week now. I've got to say that it pains me
to know that there is apparently no open standard in use for
importing/exporting data from one db to another. XML would do the job,
wouldn't it?

If I'm wrong, I sure would like to hear about it.

Jim C.