Re: postgres-two different version

From: "codeWarrior" <gpatnude(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres-two different version
Date: 2007-01-30 17:04:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Why would you want two servers on the same box ??? There's this thing called
"schemas" within one database... and postgreSQL is very capable of managing
multiple databases from the same server....

If you insist on trying to run two postgreSQL server on teh same box -- You
also need to make sure that your two different versions dopnt share TCP/IP
ports -- they cannot both listen on the same IP:PORT address -- so you will
need to manage your postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf files separately -- one
for each postgresql server... ditto for your startup scripts.

You will probably also have some issues when using pgsql at the command line
[localhost].

Why not just upgrade your 8.1.3 installation to 8.2 ?