Re[2]: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation

From: "Guy Rouillier" <guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Pavlo Golub" <pavlo(dot)golub(at)cybertec(dot)at>, "PG Bug reporting form" <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re[2]: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation
Date: 2019-02-13 04:59:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

------ Original Message ------
From: "Pavlo Golub" <pavlo(dot)golub(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: "PG Bug reporting form" <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>;
guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com; pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Sent: 2/12/2019 10:18:10 AM
Subject: Re: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL
installation

>Greetings, PG.
>
>You wrote 10.02.2019, 9:10:
>
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>> Bug reference: 15626
>> Logged by: Guy Rouillier
>> Email address: guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com
>> PostgreSQL version: 10.6
>> Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
>
>> I just did a fresh download and install using the BigSQL installer for 10.6.
>> I had previously been running version 10.3, also the BigSQL version. The
>> new version would not install over the existing installation, so I
>> uninstalled 10.3 first.
>
>You should contact with BigSQL support directly. This is the public
>list for the community and we have no ability to help you with custom
>installation packages.

Ok, I found a Google Group that appears to be appropriate. I repeated
this same submission over there:

https://groups.google.com/a/bigsql.org/forum/#!topic/feedback/7Rq-taqy6FA

I appreciate that you identified for me that this bug list was not the
appropriate place to submit bugs in the installers. Ideally, we'd make
it easier for people to submit bugs for whatever component is involved.
I've used PostgreSQL for about 15 years, so I had the motivation to find
the more appropriate place to repeat this bug. But I imagine most people
with busy lives, after having submitted a bug report one place, would
just forget about it if told to find and submit the same bug somewhere
else. At the very least, the PostgreSQL site should provide links for
where to report bugs for third-party components. Expecting individuals
to search for it themselves is asking quite a bit.