Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS

From: Brian E Gallew <geek+(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS
Date: 1999-11-09 14:44:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Then <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> spoke up and said:
> ACtually, I believe Thomas was referring to those platforms that we
> currently support that have no ORBs available to them...being a "purely C"
> server so far, how many of our currently supported platforms are we going
> to cut off with this?

But that's just it: we're not cutting anybody off. We may not have a
CORBA server available for that platform, but the standard server will
continue to work quite nicely. I guess that I'm looking at this more
as contrib code than as mainstream, required functionality. Besides,
once the CORBA server is built on a platform that can support it,
clients can run from (basically) anywhere.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia. |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance?? |
| Finger geek(at)cmu(dot)edu for my public key. |