Re: [HACKERS] Dead CVS directoriesh

From: Brian E Gallew <geek+(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Dead CVS directoriesh
Date: 1999-10-13 14:08:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Then <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> spoke up and said:
> > Why would we want to remove it in the first place? If its been 'deleted',
> > it won't show up unless you want it to (cvs update -APd removed old
> > files/directories)...
> >
> > Oops, careful in the above, it also removed any 'sticky/branch' tags...
>
> I just thought we could fiddle with CVS to remove the stuff totally. No
> real need to, though. I just thought it would be confusing for people
> who didn't do -P, or people managing CVSROOT directly.

There is only one good reason for "really" pruning those old
directories out of the source tree: revision purging. If you purge
all revisions of the files that live in those directories (so that
they really *are* empty), then removing the directories is a good idea.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia. |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance?? |
| Finger geek(at)cmu(dot)edu for my public key. |