Re: Serial columns and ADO

From: "Dmitry Samokhin" <sdld(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Serial columns and ADO
Date: 2006-11-17 08:22:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> OK try the snapshot dll.
> 0x2 Extra Opts option is no longer needed for the case.

> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

OK, 'SELECT 0' has been swept out.

> Also changed to SELECT NULL in case of failure.
What failure do you mean?

But there's still another problem. Let our table 't1' be initially empty and
the sequence reset to 1. Consider the following ADO operations:

rs.AddNew
rs("col2") = "Sample string"
rs.Update
MsgBox rs("col1")

rs.AddNew
rs("col1") = 2
rs("col2") = "Sample string"
rs.Update
MsgBox rs("col1")

Look, the second insert operation sets the identity field explicitly. But
the driver still lets 'SELECT currval...' to pass. As a result, my explicit
value '2' is replaced by the currval()=1. Such distortion should be avoided
anyway.

Dmitry.