Text search configuration

From: "Pedro Stavrinides" <pstavs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Text search configuration
Date: 2008-09-02 06:03:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

This is my first post to this mailing list, so apologies if I am sending my
message to the incorrect place...

My question: I have configured a very basic text search for our application,
but got stuck at the point where I need the search vector to filter out some
unwanted text (HTML tags and special characters etc.). I have been through
the docs and think I have a basic understanding... it appears that I need
to write a parser? Or is there something simpler? I couldn't find an
examples, so any advise would be much appreciated before I start.

Thanks,
Peter