Crash dumps

From: Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Crash dumps
Date: 2011-06-14 18:37:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Because, I work a little bit on streaming protocol and from time to
time I have crashes. I want ask if you wont crash reporting (this is one
of minors products from mmap playing) those what I have there is mmaped
areas, and call stacks, and some other stuff. This based reports works
for Linux with gdb, but there is some pluggable architecture, which
connects with segfault - one thing that should be considered is to kill
other processes immediately when reporting started (as taking report
takes some time) so some IPC will be required.

I may polish this a little bit, and send patch for this (currently
without IPC killing of others).

Regards,
Radosław Smogura