Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql

From: "Asko Oja" <ascoja(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date: 2008-08-29 09:39:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As stated above this format is mainly good for copy paste and may require
occasional manual tweaking.
Users should be people who use psql in their everyday work and on the other
hand need to publish data from database in some other places. Would you
please bring examples of some widespread applications that would be happy to
digest these formats?

regards,
Asko

PS: For me current capabilities of psql (\a and \f) have been quite enough
so far when pasting occasionally to wiki, openoffice or chat message.