Re: Fixing typos in tests of partition_info.sql

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixing typos in tests of partition_info.sql
Date: 2018-12-17 07:14:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2018/12/17 15:52, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 03:40:28PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I was just going through some of the tests, when I noticed that the
>> tests of partition_info.sql have two typos and that the last set of
>> tests is imprecise about the expected behavior of the functions.
>>
>> Do you think that something like the attached is an improvement?
>
> Meuh. Patch forgotten.

Thanks.

--- A table not part of a partition tree works is the only member listed.
+-- A table not part of a partition tree is the only member listed.

How about:

-- Table that is not part of any partition tree is the only member listed

--- Views and materialized viewS cannot be part of a partition tree.
+-- Views and materialized views are not part of a partition tree,
+-- causing the functions to return NULL.

How bouat:

-- Function returns NULL for relation types that cannot be part of a
-- partition tree; for example, views, materialized views, etc.

Thanks,
Amit