Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 3

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Joshua Brindle <joshua(dot)brindle(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 3
Date: 2021-12-14 06:18:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2021-12-13 at 11:20 -0800, Mark Dilger wrote:
> - The logical replication subscription patch needs to consider RLS.
> (Jeff Davis)
>
> This is implemented but I still need to update the documentation
> before
> posting.

We also discussed how much of the insert path we want to include in the
apply worker. The immediate need is for the patch to support RLS, but
it raised the question: "why not just use the entire ExecInsert()
path?".

That's not a blocking issue for this patch, but something to consider
that will avoid problems if we want to support updatable views or
foreign tables as a target of a subscription.

Regards,
Jeff Davis