Re: community social media

From: ourdiaspora <ourdiaspora(at)protonmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: community social media
Date: 2020-09-27 08:43:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:04 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 9:25 PM Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com> wrote:
>

> > "Blacklist" is an increasingly disfavored term.  I think "block" or "disallow" are both reasonable alternatives.
> >
> > I'm moving this from -advocacy to -www, since that's a more appropriate list to discuss the change.
>
> There is already work in progress to get this replaced. There are some backend considerations as well which is why it's not just a search/replace (and not fixing those would make it inconsistent), but it's been on the list for a while to get sorted out so it's definitely on people's radar.

Interesting; suggests the efficiency of achieving as much equity as possible at the first opportunity, to avoid the "replacement" requirement later. A quick look at the mailing lists, "pg-women" existence also indicative of a historical problem. At least acknowledgement to begin action is better than denialism, so this is good to read.