compilation problem

From: HS <mhossein(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: compilation problem
Date: 2005-10-12 09:03:49
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi:

I'm doing a university project with postgres. I need to add a C++ file to
the postgres optimizer. When I added this file (XXX.cc), I got make errors.
To figure out the problem I did some simple tests. I removed everything in
the file except for a simple function and changed the CPP variable in
Makefile.gloabl from gcc to g++ and it worked. However, when I add #include
<iostream> or calls to cout, etc to my file, I get link errors. I'd
appreciate it if anyone could help me with this problem (adding a C++ file
that uses some C++ libraries to postrges). I'm using postgres 8 on Debian.

Thanks,
HSA