Re: Connecting to an existing transaction state.

From: "Francisco Reyes" <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: Alex Gen <alexigen(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connecting to an existing transaction state.
Date: 2008-07-30 14:23:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10:37 am 07/28/08 Alex Gen <alexigen(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> 3. Using m01-s2.sql I would like to execute a certain SQL statement
> – BUT within the scope of the transaction begun by m01-s1.sql.

I believe that is not possible.
Specially if you are within a transaction on each of the scripts.

As far as I know all the work getting done inside a transaction is ONLY
visible to that transaction. It would actually be pretty bad if the
database allowed a process to see an uncommited state from a transaction
that may end up rolling back.

What are you trying to test?
You mentioned how you are testing, but what is the business need? Or
business concern?

ie It could be something like.. we are concerned that if we run these two
scripts one may lock the other.