GRANT CONNECT statements not shown after pg_dump - pg_restore from PostgreSQL 9 to PostgreSQL 12

From: Iipponen Timo <Timo(dot)Iipponen(at)hel(dot)fi>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GRANT CONNECT statements not shown after pg_dump - pg_restore from PostgreSQL 9 to PostgreSQL 12
Date: 2020-04-14 20:14:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

A little notification.

GRANT CONNECT statements not shown after pg_dump - pg_restore from PostgreSQL 9 to PostgreSQL 12.

I created the file with pg_dump (v. 12.2) from the database of the version 9.4.5 and loaded it into the PostgreSQL 12.2 database after creating first manually the corresponding database and all users.
I noted that the new PostgreSQL 12.2 database does not display GRANT CONNECT statements for the database. (grants are shown for schemas, etc. anyway). I looked with PgAdmin 4.20 and psql (v. 12.2) with the commands "\l" and "\du".
GRANT CONNECT statements that I created manually afterwards appear.
However, the hidden connect privileges exists for the database because they work.
(My dump file had DROP DATABASE -commands even I didn't specify "--clean" in any commands.)

With regards

Timo Iipponen