PostgreSQL 9.6: view based on sequence

From: Enrico Pirozzi <e(dot)pirozzi(at)nbsgroup(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.6: view based on sequence
Date: 2018-01-24 11:52:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I was doing a test on a 9.6 and I've seen a strange thing

if I run

create sequence test_sequence;
create view v_test_sequence as select * from test_sequence;

PostgreSQL creates a view based on the sequence and the strange thing
is that, among the various fields that are created in the view,
there is a field named sequence_name with datatype name.

I've seen in the docs
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/datatype-character.html
and the datatype name should be reserved only for structures internal of PG.

Does anyone help me?

Enrico

--
Enrico Pirozzi