Re: WIP: document the hook system

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: document the hook system
Date: 2021-01-15 07:28:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-12-31 04:28, David Fetter wrote:
> This could probably use a lot of filling in, but having it in the
> actual documentation beats needing to know folklore even to know
> that the capability is there.

This patch seems quite short of a state where one could begin to
evaluate it. Documenting the hooks better seems a worthwhile goal. I
think the question is whether we can develop documentation that is
genuinely useful by itself without studying the relevant source code.
This submission does not address that question.