Re: WAL shipping and ever expanding pg_xlog

From: "Michael Dengler" <michael(dot)dengler(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL shipping and ever expanding pg_xlog
Date: 2007-06-13 13:44:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

OK....it looks like the slave machine has run out of space and that caused
the xlog files to pile up on the master.

Still...how do I prevent such all of the shipped WAL segments from remaining
on the slave machine? Do I need to retain every single one? Can they be
safely removed after the slave machine has restored the particular segment?

Thanks

Mike