Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?

From: "David Wilson" <david(dot)t(dot)wilson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: "Matthew Wakeling" <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?
Date: 2008-12-10 21:37:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com> wrote:

> 3ware 9650SE-4LPML is what I'd buy today if I wanted hardware SATA RAID.

FWIW, I just put together a system with exactly that (4 320g drives in
raid 10) and have been pleased with the results. I won't have any
downtime to be able to get performance benchmarks until the current
compute/write pass finishes in a week and a half or so, but I don't
have any complaints with how it's performing for our app.

DB size is ~120gb now and add ~7gb/day during the current phase, at
which point it'll move to a light-write, high-read data warehouse
style usage pattern.

--
- David T. Wilson
david(dot)t(dot)wilson(at)gmail(dot)com