Date Timezone

From: "Andrew Maclean" <andrew(dot)amaclean(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date Timezone
Date: 2007-11-22 21:16:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a problem in that dates are stored as UTC in my dataase. I.e. without
timezone.

What I want to do: is to get this date from the server and add the server's
current time zone to it. Then I will present a list of dates and times to
the user in their time-zone. How can I do this? I have been trying to get
the timezone from now() and adding it but I can't see how.

Of course this doesn't account for daylight saving.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems