Re: POSIX and libpq

From: luca(dot)ciciriello(at)email(dot)it
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: POSIX and libpq
Date: 2007-12-12 06:51:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I've a multithread application running on Linux. In each thread i've a loop
performing a single INSERT operation on the DB.
Sometimes (not always), two of the three thread die apparently without any
reason. The strange thing is that if I remove the store operation from
the threads, all runs fine. Viceversa, if I run the INSERT loops out of the
threads all runs the DB operation are executed without any problems.

On Linux I'm super user and I create the three thread using the posix
function pthread_create. The same code, on windows, doesn't present any
problem (in windows I use CreateThread function).

That is all.

Luca