valgrind vs. shared typmod registry

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: valgrind vs. shared typmod registry
Date: 2017-09-16 12:30:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've been running some regression tests under valgrind, and it seems
select_parallel triggers some uses of uninitialized values in dshash. If
I'm reading the reports right, it complains about hashtable->size_log2
being not being initialized in ensure_valid_bucket_pointers.

I've been running tests under valgrind not too long ago and I don't
recall such failures, so perhaps something broke it in the past few days.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size