Re: Prefix operator for text and spgist support

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Ildus Kurbangaliev <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prefix operator for text and spgist support
Date: 2018-03-22 16:09:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

Patch looks resonable, but I see some place to improvement:
spg_text_leaf_consistent() only needs to check with text_startswith() if
reconstucted value came to leaf consistent is shorter than given prefix. For
example, if level >= length of prefix then we guarantee that fully reconstracted
is matched too. But do not miss that you may need to return value for index only
scan, consult returnData field

In attachment rebased and minorly edited version of your patch.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
prefix_operator_and_spgist_v4.patch text/x-patch 15.3 KB