Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities

From: "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities
Date: 2006-06-12 16:05:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi,

thank you.

> What kind of tool are you using ?

I'm using Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP1 (see initial message).

> Doesn't your tool have any way to skip the first recordset ?

I can call FoxPro SQLMORERESULTS() function
but this is artifical: I do'nt need result set from drop_table() call to be
returned at all.
Also this meas re-writing, testing and debugging deployed application.

How to call Postgres procedure so that it does not return recordset ?
My drop_table is

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION drop_table(TEXT)
RETURNS VOID STRICT LANGUAGE plpgsql AS $$
BEGIN
EXECUTE 'DROP TABLE ' || $1;
EXCEPTION WHEN UNDEFINED_TABLE THEN
RETURN;
END;
$$;

maybe I can use

CREATE TEMP TABLE randomtablename AS SELECT drop_table('mytemptable')

But this creates a lot of randomtablename tables in each connection.

>> 2. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
>> Data\postgresql\pgpass.conf file is not used for default passwords.
>>
>> How to force driver to use pgpass.conf file for passwords like used by
>> pgAdmin and other libpq applications ?
>
> Select an SSL Mode other than *disable* e.g. *allow*.

How to set it in connection string like SSLMode=Allow ?

I cannot force users to set it manually.

Andrus.