Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2024-02-06 03:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Amit,

05.02.2024 15:20, Amit Kapila wrote:
> If this can be reproduced frequently then we can even try to test the
> patch in that thread by Osumi-San [1] (I haven't tested that it
> applies cleanly but shouldn't be difficult to make it work) based on
> the theory that walsender is starting up at an LSN somewhere before
> where the publication is created.
>
> [1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYCPR01MB83737A68CD5D554EA82BD7B9EDD39%40TYCPR01MB8373.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Yes, with the aforementioned modification of bgwriter.c and when running
20 tests in parallel, I got failures on iterations 20. 3, 21 ..., but with the
updated Osumi-San's patch (which adds wait_for_catchup('sub1') before every
ALTER SUBSCRIPTION sub1 SET PUBLICATION ...) applied, 300 iterations ran
with no failures.

Best regards,
Alexander

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Fix-the-intermittent-Build-farm-failures-in-031_c.patch text/x-patch 3.0 KB