Follow-up on INSERT INTO ... SET ...

From: Sven Berkvens-Matthijsse <sven(at)postgresql(dot)berkvens(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Follow-up on INSERT INTO ... SET ...
Date: 2019-01-29 04:28:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

In 2016, a thread was started about implementing INSERT INTO ... SET ...
that included a patch and was basically ready for inclusion in
PostgreSQL. However, it seems as though it stagnated for some reason.
Does anybody remember this and is there perhaps someone who knows what
the current status is? If nobody is working on this any longer, I'd be
willing to try to revive the patch for the current code base.

The thread that I'm talking about can be found at:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/709e06c0-59c9-ccec-d216-21e38cb5ed61(at)joh(dot)to

--
With kind regards,
Sven Berkvens-Matthijsse