Re: pgcrypto functions fail for asymmetric encryption/decryption

From: "Marko Kreen" <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Stefan Niantschur" <sniantschur(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgcrypto functions fail for asymmetric encryption/decryption
Date: 2007-12-03 20:01:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/3/07, Stefan Niantschur <sniantschur(at)web(dot)de> wrote:
> I finally made it. I created a brand-new key, reworked the query and voila.
>
> It seems that the GnuPG key has to be created with
> paramter --cipher-algo=blowfish before it can be used together with pgcrypto.
> The generated key with the default settings failed for some reason.

Well, that really does not explain why the old keys failed.
And you have no guarantee you wont get some failures in the
future. If the key cipher would have been unsupported, you
should have gotten errors not random corruptions.

I really suggest you run regression tests for both PostgreSQL
and pgcrypto. This should sanity-check your build and runtime
environment.

Also, as I understand you are experimenting with test keys?
Could you send both public and private keys to me, fully.
You can send privately if you wish. If they are not test
keys, then only public key and pgpdump output of private key,
if should not inlude any secret info.
(http://www.mew.org/~kazu/proj/pgpdump/)

I really like to understand whats going on...

--
marko